This one from Gareth’s LJ (it’s long, sorry):
30 Things You’d Never Think to Ask
1. Have you ever been searched by the cops?
Nope, nor ever arrested. Stopped in traffic a few times, usually for something boneheaded whether I got a ticket or not.
2. Do you close your eyes on roller coaster?
Usually. I’ve got a touch of acrophobia, though the sensations are fun either way.
3. When’s the last time you’ve been sledding?
I’m not sure I’ve ever been sledding. Not even using cafeteria trays, while in college.
4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?
Depends on with whom, but in general with the right company I’d rather not sleep alone.
5. Do you believe in ghosts?
Nope. Nor souls, nor reincarnation, nor any other sort of life after death.
6. Do you consider yourself creative?
No, and it frustrates me to no end since I’d very strongly LIKE to be.
7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?
I have no idea, and thanks to the folks who put him on trial screwing up so badly, there’s no way anyone but OJ will ever know for sure.
8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie
Jennifer Aniston by default; I find Angelina Jolie to be one of the least sexy famous women this side of Tipper Gore. (As an aside, this same question came up in Russ Lieberman’s recent Interview in GQ –
Okay. Real quick: Jennifer or Angelina?
Jennifer? Jennifer who?
Oh, come on, Senator! Jennifer or Angelina?
Aniston. [silence] Oh, God. You don’t read the tabloids, do you?
Can I have a third choice? Can I pick Sharon Stone?
…and my own thought was “put as just Jennifer or Angelina I wouldn’t have gotten the question either.” Sharon Stone would not be my pick over Jennifer Aniston, personally but then my tastes run more to Kate Winslet or Roselyn Sanchez.
Much more after the break…
9. Can you honestly say you know ANYTHING about politics?
Gareth answered: “More then the average american, less then anyone else in my family.” and I suppose that answers it for me — “More than Gareth” (though I wonder about that.)
10. Do you know how to play poker?
I know how to play 5 card draw, but not really any of the more popular ones like Stud or Hold’em.
11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
Nearly made 72 hours once in college for my compiler’s class. By the end, I was hallucinating a bit.
12. What’s your favorite commercial?
I tend to tune them out watching TV, at least here in the states. My favorite recently were a series of commercials before films in Thailand which I saw on my vacation with W – they’re for Happy D Prompt cell service, and feature some dorky guy striking out with a girl until he gives her a cell phone or something – not speaking Thai it’s hard to tell, but they’re cute… and end with the word “Happ-eeeeee” with very amusing inflection.
13. Who was your first love?
Love or crush or grown-up love?
14. If you’re driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around, do you go through a red light?
In a motor vehicle, no, never. On a bicycle, probably.
15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you?
As far as I know, yes. But somewhere in some file at the NSA, there’s probably a record of it.
16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?
Unless they’re playing the Mets or the Giants, the Red Sox.
17. Have you ever been Ice Skating?
Once since college.
18. How often do you remember your dreams?
For a minute or two after I wake up? Pretty often, probably 2 nights in 3, but it’s rare that the memory doesn’t fade very quickly.
19. What’s the one thing on your mind?
Right now? That I should get up and do something productive rather than wasting time on my blog.
20. Do you always wear your seat belt?
Almost always, but no, not always always.
21. What talent do you wish you had?
Ability in general would be better ability to focus and do stuff that needs doing even if it’s not fun.
Talent in the more specific sense would be maybe being a better writer, or being able to draw more than just a little.
If we’re talking ANYTHING, then I’d like the ability to invent/build anything, like some comic-book gadgeteer. Orbital mind control lasers, anyone?
22. Do you like sushi?
Only smoked salmon nigiri, so far.
23. What do you wear to bed?
Assuming privacy, a lack of air conditioning and a good temperature, nothing. With AC or chilly weather, a t-shirt, or a pajama top if it’s really cold. If there’s a lack of privacy, some kind of boxer or similar shorts.
24. Do you truly hate anyone?
No people; some ideas, yes.
25. If you could meet one famous person, who would it be?
Queen Elizabeth I, preferably towards the beginning of her reign say 1560 or so … well, you didn’t say they had to be living. 🙂 Also the top of my list of “famous historical women I’d like a fling with.”
26. Do you know anyone in jail?
Nope, though I know a few who should be.
27. What food do you find disgusting?
Mushrooms and (other than shrimp) any invertertebrate which someone tries to claim are edible. This one deserves its own post one of these days.
28. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?
29. Have you ever been punched in the face?
Not that I can recall; punched elsewhere, yes. And I’ve gotten two good facial punches in in my life, so far as I can recall.
30. Do you believe in angels and demons?
I like Gareth’s answer: “only metaphorically.” But in a literal sense, no.